ACE Metal Etching
Advanced Chemical Etching Ltd (ACE) has been involved in metal etching for over seventeen years. Manufacturing metal etched components for many different industry sectors including aerospace, automotive, decorative, electronics and telecommunications, engineering, medical and renewable energy.
The metal etching process is normally performed using eight process steps - photo tooling preparation, metal cutting, cleaning, laminating, printing, developing, etching and stripping. More in depth detail about the process can be found here
Here at ACE we produce numerous differing metal etched diverse products in some 1,830 different metal types, grades and thicknesses. From 0.010mm – 1.5mm thick, including stainless steel, nickel alloys, copper, beryllium copper, phosphor bronze and brass.
We are also the specialist metal etchers for the etching of exotic materials; we have developed our own unique ground-breaking processes for etching aluminium, titanium molybdenum, nitinol and elgiloy.
Benefits of the Metal Etching Process:
- Low cost digital tooling
- Soft tooling
- No hard tooling
- Design changes at minimal cost
- Short lead times
- Burr free
- Stress free
- Exceptionally accurate tighter tolerances
- Excellent for prototypes
- Material properties remain unchanged temper of material is not altered
- No metal stress or part deformation
- Flexibility in design
- No work hardening
- Fine detail can be achieved
- Complexity of design not an issue
- Variety of different materials and thicknesses can be etched
- Identification numbers and logos can be etched onto parts, no need for post laser marking (Please note we are not able to etch onto pre-manufactured products or shaped items. All of the components we manufacture start out by using sheets of raw material)
- Ultimate net shape machining reducing the need for traditional finishing
Have a metal etching requirement? Please contact our sales engineers today on 01952 416666 or send your enquiry and drawing / cad data to us electronically through our Contact Us page on our website.