What is Aluminium Etching?
Highly Quality Standards
The new process is more controllable and more repeatable, producing parts that meet higher quality standards. It has become the standard etching process for all aluminium alloys at ACE.
An Optimised Solution
ACE first developed the new process in its R&D laboratory in 2012. This was then followed by extensive pilot-scale trials aimed at optimising the parameters of the new chemical etching solution.
Benefits Of The Aluminium Process
While the conventional, industry-standard process of etching aluminium suffers from several serious drawbacks that make the process inconsistent and unreliable for large volume production, ACE’s unique process overcomes this problem.
Some of the benefits include:
- Smooth edge profile and smooth surface etch profile
- No surface burrs
- Tight tolerances possible ±10% of material thickness
- Complex geometries at no extra cost
- 1:1 aperture aspect ratio possible
- Thicknesses from 0.07mm to 2.5mm
- Part size up to 1500mm x 600mm
- Fast turnaround
- Serial production capacity
- No heat-affected zones