Due to the forthcoming changes outlined in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) we are ensuring our ongoing compliance to these regulations by informing you on how we use your data.
Any personal information provided is controlled by Advanced Chemical Etching Limited (A.C.E) which is a UK registered company whose trading address is Unit 31-34 Hortonwood 33, Telford, Shropshire TF1 7EX
How do we collect your personal data?
We may collect your personal data when you:
- Visit our website
- Contact us by email or phone
- Fill out any form for information
- Engage with us on social media
- We may have your data from public sources prior to May 2018.
What information we hold about you?
In line with General Data Protection Regulations GDPR regulations Advanced Chemical Etching Limited is permitted to hold and store your personal data if you are a contact affiliated with a company or organisation that has a business account with us. For the reasons of “legitimate interest” these contact details are retained for invoicing, credit notes, statements of account, direct debits, quotations and correspondence, support of your contract or marketing purposes (to keep you informed of our products and services).
We collect and retain the following information about you:
- Your name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Office address
- Business bank Account details
- Username and Password (for accessing portals if required)
- Your interactions with us on our website, emails
- Notes of any conversation that you have with us
- Our understanding of your buying intentions
We do not hold any personal financial information, sensitive information, or any special category data on you.
Where we store your personal information?
At Advanced Chemical Etching Limited we are committed to keeping your details private. We only collect and use information in accordance with GDPR and take appropriate steps to protect your privacy. We will also take reasonable security measures to protect your personal information in storage. Your details are uploaded onto our database systems and held securely within our offices; this can only be accessed by a member of our team. Our database access is fully password protected.
How may we use your information?
Information that you supply to us may be used in a number of ways, for example:-
- To make credit account decisions
- To maintain our accounts and records
- To promote our goods and services
- For fraud prevention
- For audit and debt collection
- For statistical analysis
1. We may share your information with and obtain information about you from credit reference agencies or fraud prevention agencies.
2. We will not disclose any information to any company outside the HSBC Bank Group except to help prevent fraud, or if required to do so by law.
How do we protect the data?
Advanced Chemical Etching Limited takes the security of your data seriously. The organisation has internal policies and controls in place to try to ensure that your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed, and is not accessed except by its appropriate members of our team.
How long will we use your personal information for / Data retention?
Where we have collected your personal information, we will keep your information for as long as this business carries on, or for as long as we have a commercial interest in holding your personal information, for example, with a view to doing business in the future. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations.
What rights you have in relation to your personal data that we hold?
Access request - no fee
As part of GDPR, you are able to apply for access to your personal data held by Advanced Chemical Etching Limited. We will normally respond to your request within four weeks and at no cost. However, if the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive, or if it is repetitive, we may contact you requesting a fee. This fee must be paid in order for us to comply with the request. Subject Access Request forms are available upon request.
Where we are providing you with marketing information, you can also change your marketing preferences by using the unsubscribe button at the bottom of our marketing e-mails to you. If you choose to unsubscribe you will be removed from our contact list preventing future correspondence unless you decide to subscribe
It is possible to switch off cookies by setting your browser preferences. Information on how to switch off cookies on your computer is available from your browser software provider. Turning cookies off may result in a loss of functionality when using our website.
Main Cookies used on site
Google Analytics – These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site.
The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they have visited.
Google Maps – These are Google Maps third party cookies, which are unique identifiers to allow traffic analysis to Google Maps.
These cookies allow us to keep a record of where you have visited to allow an enhanced customer experience or for when re-visiting our website.
We may use your information to:
- Contact you regarding queries raised in the contact form;
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us;
- Seek your views or comments on the services we provide;
- Notify you of changes to our services;
- Send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you;
- These may include information about activities, promotions of our companies goods and services;
- Process a grant or job application;
If you have any queries on any of the above points, please contact our Data Protection Officer:
- Mrs Jayne Powell
- HR Director
Unit 31-34 Hortonwood 33
- 01952 416666
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. If there are any significant changes we will notify you, but you are welcome to visit this page and review this notice at any time.
This privacy notice was last updated on 04/11/2019