What Is Titanium Etching?
Safer Chemistry, Better Performance
ACE has developed a new, unique safer chemistry that takes titanium etching to new levels of quality and precision. This is still one of the only safer etchants for etching titanium and is unique to ACE.
Processing Speed at Production Scale
ACE has vastly increased the processing speeds and etch rate of titanium. Our chemistry has a higher etching capacity and we are one of the few etching companies in the world that can offer titanium etching on a production scale.
Benefits Of The Titanium Etching Process
- Smooth edge profile and smooth surface etch profile
- No surface burrs
- Tight tolerances possible ±10% of material thickness
- Complex geometries at no extra cost
- 1:1 aperture aspect ratio possible
- Thicknesses from 0.010mm – 1.00mm
- Part size up to 280mm x 480mm
- Fast turnaround
- Serial production capacity
- No heat-affected zones
- Safer chemistry reduces personal and environmental risks
Traditionally, Hydrofluoric Acid (HF) has been used as the preferred etchant for the chemical etching of titanium, because of its ability to remove the titanium oxide layer. However, HF is a highly dangerous chemical and one we will not use! We use a unique, non-HF chemistry developed at our laboratory in the heart of the West Midlands.